Car Parking in Hastings and Havelock North
Hastings District Council runs six off-street pay-and-display carparks within Hastings central business district;
- Southern carpark (Eastbourne Street opposite the Hastings Courthouse)
- Eastern carpark (situated on the corner of Eastbourne Street and Karamu Road North)
- Northern carpark (situated on Queen Street behind Westpac Bank)
- King Street (situated on King Street North)
- Lyndon Road East (between Eastbourne Street and Lyndon Road East)
- Queen Street West - half the leased parking area is now pay-and-display parking
The Northern carpark has a 3-hour time limit, the rest do not. All the pay-and-display parks have a tariff of 50c/hour.
Council is also responsible for 520 metered car parks, 669 on-street unmetered parks and leased carparks in the Hastings and Havelock North CBDs.
On-street parking fees are $1/hour, off-street pay-and-display parking is 50c/hour.
Council has extended parking times near the CBD at no extra cost from one hour to four hours, with the aim of reducing congestion in the middle of town.
Havelock North has time-limited parking, with the option of leased carparks.