There is approximately 75km of coastine in the Hastings District, with a diverse mix of natural and built features. The coastal environment of Hastings has significant cultural, recreation and heritage values and the interplay between this complex mix of resources and values requires careful and comprehensive planning.
The Hastings Coastal Environment Strategy (HCES) has emerged in response to this demand.
- Summary Report (PDF 6.5MB)
- Map (PDF 627kB)
- Consultation Summary (PDF 138kB)
- Technical Paper 1 Part ll Matters.pdf (PDF 692kB)
- Technical Paper 2 Coastal Residential.pdf (PDF 175kB)
- Technical Paper 3 Coastal Infrastructure.pdf (PDF 81kB)
- Technical Paper 4 Erosion and Hazards.pdf (PDF 1.38MB)
- Technical Paper 5 Reserves and Recreation.pdf (PDF 1.44MB)
For more information on the Joint Clifton to Tangoio Coastal Hazard Strategy go to www.hbcoast.co.nz