Mayor Lawrence Yule JP
- 2010 - present
- President - Local Government New Zealand
- Chairman - Hawke's Bay Regional Sports Park Trust
Committees and Sub-Committees
- Audit and Risk Management Subcommittee
- Finance and Operations Committee
- Council (Chair)
- Planning and Regulatory Committee
- Policy and Strategy Committee
- Guilin Board of Directors
- HDC:Maori Joint Committee
Post: Private Bag 9002 Hastings 4156
Phone: 06 871 5073
Mobile: 027 249 6206
Fax: 06 871 5123
Lawrence is the current President of Local Government New Zealand, elected in July 2008. Before being elected President he served as a provincial sector chair and member of the National Council of Local Government New Zealand, with special responsibilities for the transport and water portfolios.
He is patron of several local groups and organisations, and takes a keen interest in organisations which operate to support the community of Hastings.
Lawrence's interests include outdoor sports, particularly watching rugby and equestrian events. He also has an interest in sheep and beef farming.
Lawrence has an Honours Degree in Engineering, and has recently been made a Fellow of the Institute of Professional Engineers.
He has four children and lives in Hastings District.
Contact the Mayor
You can contact the Mayor's Office on (06) 871 5073 or email: email@example.com