Unison Networks Ltd - Titiokoura Summit
Update 19 July 2006 : Environment Court decision on appeal
The Hastings District Council has received an application for resource consent from Unison Networks Limited to erect, operate and maintain up to 16 wind turbines on Lots 1 & 2 DP 316893 ( in the vicinity of the Titiokoura Summit, SH 5 ) for the generation of electricity.
The application also includes the following:
- Erection and operation of an electricity substation, including connection to the 220 kV grid.
- Erection, operation and maintenance of meteorological masts for wind monitoring purposes.
- The operation of a temporary concrete batching plant.
- Replacement of all equipment and facilities as required.
- Land disturbance, in particular:
- Access formation to turbine sites
- Establishing flat platforms at each turbine site
- Placement of fill.
- Establishing platforms for temporary laydown areas, operations and maintenance buildings and a substation.
- Trenching and placement of cables.
A more detailed description of the above activities and an assessment of their environmental effects are included in the Assessment of Environmental Effects contained within the application.
The full application can be viewed in hard copy form at:
- Resource Management, 2nd Floor, Central Council Administration Office, Lyndon Road East, Hastings
- Hastings, Flaxmere and Havelock North Libraries
- Hastings District Council website: www.hastingsdc.govt.nz
- Te Horoto Store (Summit)
The full application is also available on CD-ROM, which can be obtained from Resource Management, Hastings District Council (871 5000).
The closing date for submissions on this Resource Consent (Ref: RMA20050191) was Friday 8th July 2005 at 4.30pm
For further information on this application please call Rowan Wallis, Principal Planner, Opus International Consultants Limited on 06 833 5100, or Sara Field, Environmental Planner, Resource Management at the Hastings District Council on 06 871 5000.
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER (CONSENTS)