The Animal Control team promotes better care and control of dogs, providing public education within schools and community groups, responding to dog control complaints, maintaining pound facilities and enforcing the Animal Control bylaws.


If you wish to keep poultry in an urban area, you must have a consent as required by the HDC Animals Bylaw. This includes geese, ducks, pigeons, swans, turkeys, roosters and all types of domestic fowls.

For example, up to 12 hens (no roosters) may be kept with consent. Apply using the form below.

New website feedback