Partner Support Kit
How can you get involved?
We are encouraging local businesses, community groups, sports clubs, schools, and other organisations to get involved! This is a great opportunity to support the wellbeing and vibrancy of our community and celebrate your part in our history.
Events can take place between July 2023 and June 2024. Put your thinking cap on and help to commemorate 150 years of Hastings.
Plan your event
Top tips for creating an event;
- Define your audience and identify the event goals from the outset.
- Ensure the event aligns with the wider objectives (see below) and timeline of Hastings District Council events. Liaise with the Project Manager for clarification.
- Create a budget and stick to it!
- Book the venue early.
- Confirm your volunteers and any staff required – how many people will be required to make the event run smoothly?
- Identify any opportunities for sponsorship early on – there may be local businesses willing to donate products or services. Identify from the outset how you will showcase your sponsors.
- Consider the most cost-effective avenues for promotion and work with the HDC team on how best to leverage from your available communication channels.
- Ensure your event is sustainable and environmentally friendly – and weave this into your marketing.
- This is an opportunity to have fun and make memories with friends and family. Get creative!
Some event ideas (to get the creative juices flowing);
- Long lunch with a guest speaker.
- Dance, with appropriate dress-ups and music.
- Trivia night, about Hastings’ history.
- An ‘old games’ event, including egg & spoon races and sack races.
- Treasure hunt or driving tour of iconic historical locations in Hastings.
- A ‘150’ themed event – e.g. a 150km bike ride!
- Fashion show, with attire from the relevant era.
- Morning tea and a few old movies.
Complete our registration process
Email with details of the event including;
- Name of event
- Location, date, times
- How many people are expected to take part
- Details of the event
- Contact person and contact number / email.
Marketing & event support
If you would like assistance in promoting your event, Hastings District Council will support with the following items;
- Poster template
- 150th logo and usage guidelines
- Listing on website
- Min. 1 social post inclusion on Hastings NZ
- I-site big screen inclusion
- High resolution images from the archives
- Inclusion in the overarching marketing campaign which includes digital, print, radio media and PR support
- Event kit to utilise for your event comprising of flags, bunting, banners*
- Dedicated support from Hastings District Council team
- A link will be sent to you with the downloadable content listed above.
*Subject to availability.
Key communication messages;
- Use #hastings150th in social media posts, and tag in @hastingsdc (Facebook) and @hastings_district_council (Instagram)
- This Commemoration is about:
- celebrating the people of our community,
- inspiring the community after the cyclone,
- celebrating the progress made - reflecting on the past and looking forward to a bright future,
- acknowledging the vibrant, modern, connected community of today,
- an opportunity to learn about Hastings’ interesting and varied history,
- a positive celebration that caters for all and encourages active participation,
- confirming our identity as a region and reinforcing our sense of community pride.
Good luck with your event! Please reach out to our Project Manager, Emma Buttle with any queries via the enquiry form here.