The Landmarks Trust
The Landmarks Trust is an initiative between the community and Hastings District Council to promote the Hastings District’s image, identity and sense of place and to foster civic pride.
The Landmarks Trust also act as an advocate for the community by lobbying and working with Council on issues of importance to the Trust.
Four key areas drive the passion of the Landmarks Trust members:
- Art in public places
Each category aims to implement the Landmarks philosophy of a better place to live, enjoy and be proud of.
We believe community input is vital and value the unique contribution Council makes in adopting the Landmarks’ philosophy. Each time we select a project, referencing our four key categories, we consider whether its final outcome can be improved through:
- Strong public participation
- Good design that pays attention to detail
- Use of design themes and quality materials that are responsive to who we are and our communities’ journeys
Plans and strategies
The Landmarks Trust endorses the following plans and strategies that have been prepared by Council that guide and inform how Hastings District should look and feel. These are:
- Hastings CBD Architectural Heritage Design Guide
- Hastings CBD Sign Guide
- Landmarks Development Plan
- Hastings CBD Heritage Inventory
- Hastings City Centre Façade Enhancement Scheme
View related documents and related pages for further information.