Information and criteria
Before completing your application to the Contestable Grants Fund, please read the following information carefully.
- Complete all parts of the application form or refer to clearly marked attachments where applicable
- For clarity please type or print in black ink as applications will be photocopied
- If you have questions please contact, Community Grants & Projects Advisor, at Hastings District Council.
- Applications will not be acknowledged until after the Community Grants Subcommittee meeting (in May of each year)
- You will be formally advised of the result of your application in writing.
Your organisation must be one of the following legal entities:
- An incorporated society
- Registered charitable trust
- Formal not-for-profit organisation
- Must be able to demonstrate it has applied to funding organisations outside of Council to support this project/activity or service.
Your project must met one or more of the following criteria:
- Helping youth into training and jobs
- Helping new and/or existing businesses to provide local jobs
- Providing help and advice for people in need due to ageing and/or adverse circumstances
- Making improvements to the district which will attract visitors, students and businesses
- Providing programmes that reduce littering, wasting resources, and crime
- Promoting participation in recreation, arts, and cultural activities
Exclusions for funding include:
- Building or renovation costs
- Purchase of a motor vehicle or other capital items
- Activities that promote religious or political goals
- Sponsorship of individuals
- Limited liability companies
- Activities which are outside the scope of Council’s current and future needs
- Activities where there is no demonstrated need due to existing similar services
Information on other sources of funding for your project can be obtained from the funding information service website: Generosity NZ.