Grant for service waiver
If you are a not-for-profit community group planning a community event in Hastings, you may be eligible for a grant through Hastings District Council's grant for service waiver scheme.
The event must utilise a Council park, ground and/or facility and the organisation applying must be local and non-profit.
Applications for a funding grant can be made at any time of the year.
The grant for service waiver assists with the costs of rubbish and recycling bins, and Council park, reserve and venue hire fees.
To be eligible:
- the application must be from a not-for-profit organisation
- the event for which the grant is sought must benefit significant numbers of Hastings residents
- the event must be accessible to the wider community
- only one application per organisation per year will be considered (maximum three years in a row)
- grants of up to 100 per cent of service costs will be considered, however normally the applicant is expected to contribute a proportion of the costs
You can provide details to support your grant for service waiver request on the Event Notification Form. We may send you a grant for service waiver form if we require more information.
For more information contact Council.