Parks, Reserves & Sportsgrounds
For weekend sport cancellations please listen to your local radio stations.
Thinking about having your wedding ceremony in the English-style Cornwall Park? Or maybe you just want to book a park for a sporting event? All of the parks and gardens in the Hastings District can be booked through the Council, see below for costs, what facilities are available on the parks and what to do when booking.
Please note: Wedding receptions cannot be accommodated in Council parks and reserves.
How to book a Park, Reserve or Sports Ground:
- View the Use of Council Reserve Application Form
- View the Use of Inflatables on a Council Reserve
- View the Parks and Reserve Event Booking Form
- View Te Mata Park Booking Form
There are other details that may need to be considered when you make a booking:
- Whether you wish the grounds to be marked
Note: Marking of the grounds is done by Council grounds staff only
- If you require toilet facilities
- If you require changing facilities
- If you require hot water for showers in the changing facilities
Extra costs are incurred when you require the use of toilets, changing rooms and the hot water power charges.
Hot water for showers in the changing rooms
Extra costs are incurred when you require use of hot water for showers in the changing rooms, power and the use of toilet facilities. All hot water and power costs are on charged to the park user at the end of each month of use.
If you wish to use the toilet faculties while using the grounds, there a deposit for the key, which is returned to you once the key is delivered back to the Council.
There are certain conditions that you must agree to when you book and use a sports ground from the Council. This is to ensure the grounds are kept in good condition, both for you and the next group to use them.
- Any unpaid accounts will incur late payment fees and collection costs.
- Please ensure that the grounds and facilities are left in a clean and tidy condition at all times as regular inspections will take place over the duration of your bookings.
- Any damage to the sports grounds or changing areas during the course of your booking, must be reported to the Council immediately.
- The hirer of the grounds is responsible for the prompt removal of all rubbish from the grounds that has accumulated from events been held. The cost of having rubbish removed will otherwise be charged onto you for payment.
- The hirer of the grounds must ensure that when the venue is vacated, all lighting and power is switched off and the venue is properly secured. Any excessive power consumption resulting from the failure to switch off all outlets may result in an additional charge to the hirer, at the Council's discretion.
- The use of the grounds is subject to its condition resulting from weather. Closure of the grounds as a result of weather conditions will be the sole discretion of the Council.