Hawke’s Bay Local Authority Shared Services (HBLASS) is the company that the five Hawke’s Bay councils established to advance Shared Services in our region.
The Company is owned on an equal basis by all the councils, that is Central Hawke’s Bay District, Hawke’s Bay Regional, Hastings District, Napier City and the Wairoa District Councils.
Their objectives are about involving staff in delivering benefits to councils and their stakeholders through:
- Improved levels of service
- Reduced costs
- Improved efficiency, and
- Increased value through innovation
Collaboration on Shared Services, procurement and working together is not new for Hawke’s Bay councils. There are many existing examples, such as:
- Joint Property Valuation Service
- Joint Energy & Insurance Procurement
- Civil Defence
- Omaranui Landfill
- Business Hawke's Bay
- Regional Transport Strategy
- Pathways Development
- Regional Community Outcomes
- Road Safety Initiatives
- Refuse/ Recycling Collection Contracts
- Regional Cultural Archives
You can find out more about HBLASS on their website www.hblass.nz.