Proposed Variation 6 – Amendments to Heritage Provisions
21 November 2018
Hastings District Council advises that Variation 6 ‘Heritage Provisions’ is now notified for public viewing.
The amendments seek to add Vidal House as a heritage item in Appendix 49 Heritage Buildings in the Te Mata Special Character Zone. Built in 1908, this house is located in Havelock North and was reputedly designed by William Rush. It was purchased by the Vidal family in 1937. Variation 6 also seeks to clarify the permitted activity status of internal alterations to heritage buildings in the Te Mata Special Character Zone (listed in Appendix 49).
It is recommended that this variation is read in conjunction with the section 32 evaluation report and the following supporting documents.
- Variation 6 - Public Notice
- Heritage assessment – Vidal House
- Section 18.1 Heritage Items & Notable Trees
- Appendix 49 – Heritage Buildings in the Te Mata Special Character Zone
- Planning Map 13
- Planning Map 47
- Planning Map 106
- Planning Map 107
- Proposed District Plan
Completed submission forms can be submitted in the following ways:
- Online submission form
- Download and send the completed form to Council
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal: Hastings District Council, Private Bag 9002, Hastings 4156
- Delivery: Hastings District Council Civic Building, 207 Lyndon Road East, Hastings
The closing date for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday 19 December 2018
Once all submissions have been received, the council will prepare and publicly notify a summary. There will be an opportunity for anyone to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, any of the original submissions. A hearing will then be arranged to consider all submissions and recommendations. Any submitter will have the right to attend and speak at any hearing. Any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
26 November 2018