Councillor Bayden Barber
Ward: Hastings-Havelock North
Phone: +64 21 570011 (mobile)
Post: Private Bag 9002 Hastings 4156
- Economic Development and Urban Affairs Committee
- Social and Cultural Development Committee
- Finance and Monitoring Committee
- Planning and Regulatory Committee
- Works and Services Committee
- Rating Review Working Party
- Tangata Whenua Wastewater Joint Committee
- Maori Joint Committee
- Community Liaison Group – Hawke’s Bay Prison
- Heritage Trails Committee
Bayden Barber was born in Hastings and is from Waimarama where he lives with his family. He graduated from Waikato University with a Bachelor of Management Studies.
Bayden has held management roles within Hawke’s Bay District Health Board among others, but has run his own consultancy business since 2005. Bayden also spends time running their lifestyle farm and visitor accommodation business. In 2013, Bayden was elected to the HDC Rural Community Board. He is the current Chair of the Health Hawke’s Bay Board.
Bayden has been an active member of his community, serving as Chair of Waimarama Marae for the past 6 years. His wife Myra is the current Chair of the Waimarama School Board of Trustees, where two of their children attend. Bayden has supported the school as its kapa haka teacher and soccer coach.
Bayden enjoys spending time at the beach with Myra and their children.