Rural Community Meetings
What will be discussed?
Due to a recent update to NZTA rules, some of the bridges around our district will have restrictions for weight and/or speed from Friday 1 December 2017.
These restrictions will have an impact on the amount of weight heavy vehicles can carry at a time (for example, stock and forestry transportation).
We will be discussing our proposed upgrade work, when it will be undertaken and the rating impact caused by this issue.
We also want to hear if you have any concerns with the proposed plan before it is finalised.
View the related documents at the bottom of the page for maps that show the proposed restrictions.
Other issues that will be discussed include:
- Rates review – who pays for what services in our district;
- Representation review – number of councillors, community boards and wards;
- Rural recycling – extra bins in more communities and feedback on the existing ones;
- Road maintenance – meet the team; and
- Rural safety including “boy racers”.
Join us at one of the Rural Community Meetings to hear about how the changes will impact you, and provide feedback to help shape the proposed plans.
|Tutira Hall - 24 October, 7pm
3847 State Highway 2, Tutira
|Omatua Guide Camp - 26 October, 7pm
1866 Puketitiri Road, Puketapu
|Matapiro Hall - 31 October, 7pm
1288 Matapiro Road, Crownthorpe
|Maraekakaho Hall - 1 November, 7pm
68 Kereru Road, Maraekakaho
|Waimarama Hall - 2 November, 7pm
2282 Waimarama Road, Waimarama