Rubbish and recycling at Alert Level 2
- There is no change to Council rubbish wheelie bin and recycling crate kerbside collections.
- Public recycling stations are OPEN. This includes rural green bins and recycling at the transfer stations. You must wear a face mask, keep a 2 metre distance from others and scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- Henderson Road and Blackbridge Refuse Transfer Stations are OPEN. No booking required. Cashless payments are preferred. You must wear a face mask, keep a 2 metre distance from other people and scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer app QR codes at both sites. Please be patience if there is queues of traffic and follow the directions of staff on-site.
- The Reuse shop at Henderson Road will remain closed for sales, but goods can be dropped off.
- Residents without a kerbside rubbish collection can drop Council official orange rubbish bags for free to either the Blackbridge or Henderson Road Refuse Transfer Station. Council official orange rubbish bags can be purchased at either site.
1 October 2021
Back to Archive
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hastings District Council to ensure that the information on this website is
accurate and up to date, Hastings District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith.
Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant
government agencies. Hastings District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content.
Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online
graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced
information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hastings District Council - / +64 6 871 5000 / email@example.com