In accordance with Clause 5 of Schedule 1 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Hastings District Council has prepared a proposed plan change to the Hastings District Plan.
Plan Change 5 –Right Homes, Right Place
Hastings District Council advises that Plan Change 5 ‘Right Homes, Right Place’ is now notified for public viewing. Members of the public are able to make formal submissions to the plan change. Plan Change 5 introduces changes to the following sections of the Hastings District Plan to enable more housing including three storey houses and apartments to be built within existing residential areas.
• Section 2.4 Urban Strategy
• Section 2.6 Medium Density Strategy
• New Section RESZ-Residential Zones Overview Chapter
• New Section MRZ – Medium Density Residential Zone
• Section 7.2 Hastings Residential Environment
• Section 8.2 Havelock North Residential Environment
• Section 9.2 Flaxmere Residential Zone
• Section 30.1 Subdivision and Land Development
• Section 33.1 Definitions
• Appendix 26: Scheduled Sites
• Appendix 27: Hastings Residential Environment: Sites Identified as Suitable for Comprehensive Residential Development
• Appendix 28: Hastings Light Industrial Zone: Land Identified as Suitable for Comprehensive Residential Development
• Appendix 29 Havelock North Residential Environment: Land Identified as Suitable for Comprehensive Residential Development
• Appendix 38: Hastings Character Areas
• Appendix 60 Method of Determining Recession Planes
• Consequential changes to the District Planning Maps to identify the new Medium Density Residential Zone
• Consequential changes to the Hastings Medium Density Design Framework (formerly Hastings Residential Intensification Design Guide 2020).
The proposed plan change may be viewed and submission forms obtained in the following ways:
• via Hastings District Council website; see: www.myvoicemychoice.co.nz
• at Hastings District Council Civic Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings; or
• Hastings District Council Libraries.
Public submissions will open on Saturday 29 October 2022 with the closing date for submissions being 5pm Friday 25 November 2022.
Once all submissions have been received, the Council will prepare and publicly notify a summary. There will be an opportunity for anyone to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, any of the original submissions. A hearing will then be arranged to consider all submissions and recommendations. Any submitter will have the right to attend and speak at any hearing. Any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
Submissions can be:
Posted to: Plan Change 5, Environmental Policy Manager, Hastings District Council, Private Bag 9002, Hastings 4156
Delivered to: Council’s Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 29 October 2022
Authorised by: Mr John O’Shaughnessy, Group Manager:
Planning and Regulatory Services
On behalf of: Hastings District Council
Telephone: (06) 871 5000
Contact person: Anna Summerfield, Senior Environmental
2 November 2022
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hastings District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hastings District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hastings District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hastings District Council - / +64 6 871 5000 / email@example.com