Dog Exercise Areas
All dogs must be on a lead in public urban areas, except in specified locations listed below. You can find a detailed description of the on-lead/off-lead areas in the Consolidated Bylaw Document.
Dogs are not permitted on sports fields or public playgrounds, either on lead or off-lead.
Please pick up your dog's droppings whether you are in an on-lead or an off-lead area. It is illegal to allow your dog to foul in public places without removing the droppings and disposing in a hygienic manner.
- Tainui, Tanner and Hikanui Reserves
- Tauroa Road Reserve
- Te Mata and Arataki Road Reserve
- Kingsgate Reserve from Te Mata Road to Reeve Drive, Ritchie Place, Fulford Place and Durham Drive
- The banks of the Karamu Stream, from a point adjacent to the southern most edge of Anderson Park, Havelock North to the vehicle over bridge on Havelock Road
- The southern boundary walkway of Keirunga Gardens on Tanner Street, HavelockNorth
- Te Mata Peak Park
- James Cook Street Reserve
- Palmbrook Reserve
- Karamu Road South, from Pattison Road south to Murdoch Road
- Ebbett Park during daylight saving hours between 7.30pm and 7.00am the following day, between 6.00pm and 7.00am the following day during the remainder of the year.
- Duke Street Reserve.
- Pakowhai Country Park.
- Portsmouth Road, from Wilson Road, west to the end of Portsmouth Road
- The Flaxmere Green Belt to the west of Tarbet Street, Arklow Place and Frobisher Street between Kirkwood Road and Flaxmere Avenue.
Haumoana and Te Awanga
- The Haumoana-Te Awanga coastal beach front area from the mouth of the Tukituki River south to the boundary of the Clifton No. 2 camp, Te Awanga excluding thebeach front between numbers 3 and 41 Clifton Road Haumoana.
Waimarama and Ocean Beach
- The beach front of the Ocean Beach settlement north to the surf club during daylight saving hours between 7.30pm and 7.30am the following day, and 6pm and 7am thefollowing day during the remainder of the year
- Ocean Beach north of the surf life saving club to 100m south of the predator proof fence
- Waimarama Beach north to the Puhokio Stream river mouth during daylight saving hours between 7.30pm and 7.30am the following day, and during the remainder of the year 6pm and 7am the following day
- Waimarama Beach north of the Puhokio Stream river mouth to Pututaranui Point at any time
Whirinaki and Eskdale
- The North Shore and Whirinaki to Tangoio Beach road reserve
- Eskdale Park along the southern or right-hand side of, and to the end of the park driveway.
- The beach front of Waipatiki Beach Settlement, coast-wards of the reserve, during daylight savings hours between 7:30pm and 7:30am the following day, and during the remainder of the year.4:00pm to 10:00am the following day
- Wapatiki beach north and south of the area referred to above
Dog Excercise Areas
You can view the legend on the top right hand of the map and use your mouse to zoom in/out, pan and scroll buttons