- What day is my rubbish collected?
To find out what day rubbish and recycling are collected from your kerbside by Council, as well as Hastings District Council and Hawke's Bay Regional Council rates, the legal description of your property and what services are on your property, type in your address.
- How do I present my rubbish on the kerbside?
To be collected by the Council service your household rubbish must be in an official Council orange bag. The bag must not be heavier than 10kg. Your recycling needs to be in a seperate container of your choice, with a maximum weight of 10kgs. For more information see the Recycling page.
- What time do I need to have the orange bag and recycling at the kerb?
By 7.30am on your collection day.
- My orange bag has not been collected?
Contact the Hastings District Council on +646 871 5000 or Waste Management on +646 879 8400.
- What can I put out for rubbish collection?
Household rubbish from domestic housekeeping.
- Are certain types of waste prohibited from Council's rubbish collection?
Yes. Green waste, hot ash, industrial waste, hazardous waste, trade waste and liquid waste of any kind are all prohibited.
- Where are the transfer stations?
There are two Refuse Transfer Stations in Hastings: Henderson Road, at 121 Henderson Road, Hastings, and Blackbridge Refuse Transfer Station, at 236 Mill Road, Haumoana.
- What are the transfer stations' hours?
Henderson Road: Monday to Saturday: 7.45am to 4.30pm; Sunday and public holidays: 9.45am to 4.30pm; Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day: Closed.
Black Bridge: Monday: 7.30am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday: 9am to 5pm; Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day: Closed.
- What happens to our rubbish?