Water Use Monitor
View daily, monthly and yearly water usage data collected from four points in Hastings District's water supply network:
Water Restriction Status
When you look at the water use graphs below, the coloured bands indicate what level of water restrictions apply.
- Conserve water and restrict unnecessary use.
Sprinkler & Hose Restrictions: 6am–8am and 7pm–9pm only
- Only use your hose or sprinkler between 6am-8m or 7pm-9pm.
- This is to encourage people to supervise sprinklers. Also, watering gardens during the heat of the day wastes water as water just evaporates.
Sprinkler Ban (Hand held only): 6am–8am and 7pm–9pm only
- No sprinklers, Only use your handheld hose between 6am-8am and 7pm-9pm.
- Users have more control over handheld water use so are less likely to leave the hose running and waste water. Again, watering gardens during the heat of the day waste water as water just evaporates.
Total Sprinkler & Hose Ban
- You cannot use your sprinkler or hose at all.
- Past water use trends shows it is likely that there will be a total sprinkler and hose ban throughout most of the summer.
Daily: 30,749,401.0 Litres (24 May 2013)
Daily: 291,322.0 Litres (24 May 2013)
Daily: 591,500.0 Litres (24 May 2013)
See live Waimarama water information on the Waimarama live water monitor
Daily: 141,200.0 Litres (24 May 2013)