Havelock North’s historic Duart House, built in 1882, is set on three acres of beautifully maintained formal gardens with croquet lawn.
The gardens, which have a picnic table, are permanently open to the public. Duart House is open to the public on the first Sunday of every month.
Dogs are allowed within this reserve but must be on a lead at all times.
Duart House can be hired for functions, see: www.duarthouse.org.nz.
Public toilets: Yes; closed at night
The entrance to the house and gardens is off Duart Rd.
Maintenance and development programmes for this reserve are governed by the Duart House Reserve Management Plan.
51 Duart Rd, Havelock North 4130
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hastings District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hastings District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hastings District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hastings District Council - / +64 6 871 5000 / email@example.com