Hastings Youth Council
Hastings Youth Council meets regularly to discuss youth-focused issues and work on youth-related projects. It advises Hastings District Council on issues that affect our young people; providing a voice for them at the decision-making table.
The Youth Council's role is to:
- provide a youth perspective on issues
- make sure the views of young people are canvassed and passed on to Council
- give advice on planning and infrastructure, particularly relating to any direct impact on young people
- promote and encourage youth involvement in planning and developing Council services
- provide input on policy and strategic development
Youth Councillors are expected to attend fortnightly or monthly or meetings, help organise the Youth Potential awards, take part and attend events that have been confirmed by the Youth Council, and attend an overnight retreat.
This membership should be representative of:
- mixed abilities
- geographical location
- educational level
- diverse cultural backgrounds
2018 Hastings Youth Council
|Kate Allen||Gurjas Sekhon||Hope McCleland|
|Caroline Jones||Cairo Smith||Charlotte Frogley|
|Hena Dugh||Matekairoa Butler||Ella Hoogerbrug|
|Emilee Scarborough||Oscar Malpas||Sam Anderson|
|Rose Vaima'a||Cameron Young||Eleanor Matich|
|Connor Molloy||Abigail Masengi||Kaikohe Hutana|
|Dylan Bishop||Max Sharp|
If you want to contact the Hastings Youth Council phone 871 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.