Hastings Youth Council
The Hastings Youth Council meets regularly to provide a voice for young people. It works on youth-related projects and advises Hastings District Council on issues that affect our district's youth.
The Youth Council's role is to:
- give a youth perspective on issues
- promote and encourage youth involvement in planning and developing Council services
- make sure the views of young people are canvassed and passed on to the Council
- give advice on planning and infrastructure, particularly relating to any direct impact on young people
- give input relating to policy and strategic development
Youth Councillors are expected to attend monthly or fortnightly meetings, help organise the Youth Potential awards, take part and attend events that have been confirmed by the Youth Council and attend an overnight retreat.
There is a maximum of 15 members, and membership should be representative of:
- mixed abilities
- geographical location
- educational level
- employment / unemployment
- diverse cultural backgrounds
2018 Hastings Youth Council
|Kate Allen||Gurjas Sekhon||Hope McCleland|
|Caroline Jones||Cairo Smith||Charlotte Frogley|
|Hena Dugh||Matekairoa Butler||Ella Hoogerbrug|
|Emilee Scarborough||Oscar Malpas||Sam Anderson|
|Rose Vaima'a||Cameron Young||Eleanor Matich|
|Connor Molloy||Abigail Masengi||Kaikohe Hutana|
|Dylan Bishop||Max Sharp|
If you want to talk to the Hastings Youth Council contact us on phone +64 6 871 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.