skip to main content

I want to...

Current filter:

Rubbish & Recycling Rubbish & Recycling

Enquiries, Complaints and Determinations

Building Consent Authority (Council) complaint process

If you are unhappy with any of the decisions made or level of service provided to you, you can lay a complaint with the Council. You should make this in writing to the Building Consents Manager or head to the Complaints section of our website.

Determination process

You are entitled to apply to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment for a determination if you believe Council has made an incorrect decision. MBIE will consider the points raised and make a decision that is binding on the parties to the consent process.

More information

More information on determinations can be found on MBIE’s website.

VIEW THE Building Consent Authority Compliments and Complaints Policy



Hastings District Council - Copyright © 2024 Hastings District Council

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hastings District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hastings District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hastings District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Hastings District Council - / +64 6 871 5000 /