Self-contained vehicle designated sites
Visitors are welcome to park overnight for a maximum of two nights at designated Council sites on reserves (see the map below) provided they are in a certified self-contained vehicle.
For more information on overnight stays in Hastings reserves see the Reserve for Overnight Parking page.
Specifically we ask that visitors:
- Ensure that the vehicle's certified self-contained vehicle sticker is clearly visible
- Ensure you discharge motor home or campervan black water (sewage) and grey water (sink and hand basin water) at designated motor caravan dump stations only
- Take all litter away with you
- Do not light any fires
- Ensure all dogs are on leads at all times
There is also a site in the central city area where visitors can stay for a maximum of two nights. The parking is free overnight (5pm to 9am), however normal charges apply during the day (9am to 5pm).
Eastbourne Street West off-street car park
The Hastings District Council has allocated the car park, off Eastbourne Street West (by the railway line), for use by certified self-contained vehicles, for a maximum stay of two nights.
Please note that parking is limited to only part of the area, not including the leased portion of the car park. Overnight stays are limited to the central parking grid. Motor caravans may occupy two parks. Please follow the instructions on the sign. NB: Council reserves the right to close the car park for events such as the Blossom Festival (mid-September).
- Certified self-contained vehicles only (certificate must be current and displayed)
- Maximum stay allowed is two nights per calendar month
- No awnings or pullouts are permitted
- The maximum permitted length of vehicle is 12 metres
- Free parking limited to between 5pm and 9am (normal pay and display fees apply outside those hours)
- Pets are to be on leads when outside the motor caravan
- There must be three metres of clearance between vehicles
- Pack in-pack out; no rubbish is to be left on-site
- No alcohol is to be consumed outside the motor caravan (liquor ban area)
Map of Hastings District Council Reserves for overnight Parking.