There’s still lots to do at Red
After enjoying a year of relative normality, it was a bit of a shock to move into the Red traffic light setting last month, but there’s still heaps of things to enjoy in Hastings if you’re double-vaccinated, masking up, and continuing to do what you can to keep our community safe…
- Visit one of our beautiful parks, reserves, or beaches – make the most of the rest of summer, get out in the fresh air, take a picnic, grab a Rush Munroe icecream on the way home – just remember to keep your social distancing
- Keep supporting our local hospitality businesses – Our cafes, bars and restaurants can still keep operating at the Red traffic light – have your Vaccine Passport ready, scan in, be respectful of the workers and you’re good to go
- Check out an exhibition – our local galleries are still operating under the Red traffic light for people with Vaccine passes – now’s a great time to check out some of our local creative talent
- Support local retailers – our shops are still able to open and need our custom – scan in, wear your mask and shop local
- Get on your bike - cycle one of the many wonderful trails around our beautiful district - if you’re of age you could upgrade to a winery bike tour
- Kids getting restless? Take them to one of our Green Flag parks (Flaxmere Park, Havelock North Village Green, Cornwall Park) to explore the premier playgrounds
- While many events have sadly had to be cancelled there’s still heaps of attractions and activities for locals and visitors alike – perhaps take a visit to see the Gannets at Cape Kidnappers, check out the Hawke’s Bay Farmyard Zoo, take in Birdwoods Gallery or visit one of our many wineries. Find them all at visithastings.co.nz
31 January 2022
Back to Archive
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hastings District Council to ensure that the information on this website is
accurate and up to date, Hastings District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith.
Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant
government agencies. Hastings District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content.
Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online
graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced
information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hastings District Council - / +64 6 871 5000 / email@example.com